Elderly people are so polar. Some are sweet and mild. They accept you and your bad traits. While some are just rude assholes that everyone (including their family) want to punch in the back of the head. And really? You can never tell from outward appearances which type they will be.
If you tell me I shouldn't swear in my own apartment, that I pay $12,000 a year to live in, I'm not going to respect you. I don't care how old you are. I get that you don't want to hear me say "ass" but it isn't as if you've never heard someone say the word ass before. Technically, as an adult and a free-speaking human being for that matter, I can say whatever the hell I want to say. Especially in my apartment.
I have never swore in front of my grandparents. But even if I did, they wouldn't make me filter my words or thoughts. I'm sure they wouldn't approve of it of course. They don't want to witness their 19 year-old granddaughter swearing. I understand that and respect it. What I don't understand or respect is someone (I have only met twice, by the way) coming into my home and telling me to stop speaking freely. If I want to say fuck, I will say fuck and you will have no opinion on it.
